Thursday, January 13, 2011

Get Over IT

Rebounding from an argument is essential to having a good relationship. This is harder than it sounds. The feelings of being devalued and criticized sting the mind as much as the tears that well up and sting the eyes. However getting it out of the system works. Expressing one’s feelings is probably the best thing to do during an argument. The other party is then aware of the issue, and both people can work through it.

My lovely SO and I had a fight over a concept of what a psychologist is and what makes them special. He was trying to compliment me by saying I already related well to people. However, he did not choose his words wisely and made a bad comparison. I expressed my displeasure, probably made him feel a little small, and took an hour to cool off. Yes, I did ignore his texts and call for that hour because I knew I had to cool down. If I did not, I would only continue to be angry. This morning all was good and we had two quite pleasant conversations. I was concerned because he was working outside and the temperature is in the teens. We will be hanging out tonight and probably watch a movie of sorts.

Moral of story, just get it out and movie on. No reason to hold it against another.

No comments:

Post a Comment